Google launched the Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL, you guys already should have known all the things about it from leaks and on YouTube.
We are going to talk about that why it is not worth it in 2019 and why you should not buy these two flagships from Google.
Google is not going to launch Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL in India because of mainly two reasons :-
First is because of the Project SOLI, this is because the Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL has a radar built in which is for controlling the device from hand gestures. RADAR uses 60GHz bandwidth which is banned for public use.
Second reason is because of Pixel failed to impress Indian consumers which is the biggest factor for not launching in India.
Here are the details of Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL:-
Specifications of Pixel 4
- Google Pixel 4 comes with 5.7” 2280 x 1080 Full HD+ with 19:9 aspect ratio display, with 444ppi.
- The screen is P-OLED and has a 90Hz refresh rate which is protected by Gorilla Glass 5, back is also covered with Gorilla Glass 5.
- It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 not the 855+ with Adreno 640 GPU with 6GB of RAM and comes with 64/128GB of storage options.
At the back this year’s Pixel devices come with dual camera setup, the primary camera is 12.2MP f/1.7 aperture dual pixel PDAF OIS sensor and the secondary one is 16MP f/2.4 telephoto OIS sensor with 2x optical zoom.
The front camera is 8MP, f/2.0 aperture shooter which can shoot video’s up to 4k at 30 fps and 1080p 30/60/120FPS but the stabilization (EIS) only works at [email protected]
The biggest disappointment is here because the Pixel 4 comes with only 2800mAh battery, it has 18W fast charging support but it only depends on the optimization how much this battery can last during the day.
Specifications of Pixel 4 XL
- Google Pixel 4XL comes with 6.3” 3040 x 1440 with 537ppi display.
- The rest of the specifications are same as the Pixel 4 except battery.
It comes with 3700mAh battery with the same 18W fast charger.
- Both the devices come with latest Android 10 with Android 10 gesture support.
- Both the devices have 90Hz refresh rate display which is now becoming trend in flagship phones.
- Supports wireless charging.
- IP68 certified water resistance.
- The Pixel 4 has very low 2800mAh battery.
- No SD card slot, it can be issue for some people.
- No headphone jack but now it becomes normal in flagship phones.
- No ultra-wide lens which are common even in budget category smartphones.
- No fingerprint sensor, only face unlock is present.
Reasons that makes Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL worthless:-
The design is not the trendy as you can find in OnePlus 7T Pro and 7 Pro and other high-end devices with bezel less design.
Does not come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ which is started come to some flagship device but three of them are the biggest OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro and Asus ROG Phone 2 which are costing less in price.
They have stereo speakers but they are not as good as the Asus ROG Phone 2 which have the best stereo speakers in the market.
They have completely removed the fingerprint scanner and relying only on face unlock.
The 90Hz display is great but when a phone has 120Hz display and even cheaper then I think is much more valuable than this.
I have already talked about the Pixel 4 2800mAh battery, I mean it is pathetic that a flagship phone has a very low power battery, the Asus ROG Phone 2 has 6000mAh battery.
The display is very dim and very hard to be visible in bright sunlight.
Talking about software experience, well this time Google brings the iPhone like gestures in the android 10 which are very well implemented but the actual software experience is not as good as the OxygenOS from OnePlus.
They have given Gorilla Glass 5 protection instead of Gorilla Glass 6.
According to my opinion if you are only curious about then you can buy this phone as this is the best phone that is having the best camera results.
Other than that rest are not even worth to check this phone, the gimmicky gesture best control using the RADAR is just hit or miss till now.
There are much better phone’s available in the market you can check the OnePlus 7T and 7T pro and also Asus ROG Phone 2, I have a done a detailed comparison of OnePlus 7T vs Asus ROG Phone 2.