So in the Indian smartphone market especially in the premium phone category, there is only one news going through and that is Asus ROG Phone 2 Vs OnePlus 7T.
Asus just entered and surprised everyone with the ROG Phone 2, keeping the price much more competitive than it was heard.
And in the last week OnePlus announced it’s OnePlus 7 successor the OnePlus 7T and keeping the market competitive and people have the choice for more at the same price point OnePlus announced the OnePlus 7T base model to be exactly priced same as Asus ROG Phone 2 which is 37,999 INR.
Let’s compare the specifications first, well there is much more to consider:-
OnePlus 7T (Link)
OnePlus 7T have 90Hz 6.55 inches of screen with Full HD+ and resolution of 2400×1080 pixels, the panel is AMOLED with a pixel density of 402ppi, the screen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 6.
The OnePlus 7T has triple camera setup, the primary camera is 48MP f/1.6 aperture Sony IMX 586 sensor with pixel size of 0.8micron, the secondary camera is 16MP f/2.2 aperture ultrawide sensor with 117 degrees field of view and the third camera is 12MP f/2.2 aperture telephoto sensor with 2x optical zoom instead of 3x like in the OnePlus 7 Pro.
Front camera 16MP f/2.0 aperture Sony IMX 471 with a pixel size of 1.0micron.
Storage & OS
The base variant has 8/128GB of storage with UFS3.0 and RAM so 8GB now is standard in flagship phones, and this is the first OnePlus phone which comes with Oxygen OS 10 out of the box which is currently running on Android 10.
The OnePlus 7T has a 3800mAh battery with a 30W WARP Charge 30T charging technology by OnePlus, and OnePlus claims that it could charge the phone from 0 to 70% in just 30min, that kinda good move by OnePlus.
Processor & GPU
The OnePlus 7T is the second phone in the world which currently ships with Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ which is clocked at 2.96Ghz and the Adreno 640 GPU is also overclocked. Qualcomm claims that the chip is 15% faster than the standard Adreno 640.
Asus ROG Phone 2 (Link)
The Asus ROG Phone 2 is gamer-centric smartphone just like its predecessor, the ROG Phone 2 has a 120Hz 6.59 inches screen with a resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels, the phone has AMOLED panel with a pixel density of 391ppi.
Asus ROG Phone 2 comes with dual camera setup at the back, the primary sensor is 48MP Sony IMX 586 and the secondary camera is 13MP ultrawide sensor. The front camera is a 24MP shooter for selfies.
Storage & OS
The Asus ROG Phone 2 has also 8/128GB base variant with UFS3.0 and it is running on older Android 9 Pie on top ZenUI skin which is almost stock android.
Asus ROG Phone 2 comes massive 6000mAh battery which can easily give 2 days of battery backup, but the base variant comes with only 18W charger but it supports 30W max charging output which ships with the higher version that is 12/512GB model.
Processor & GPU
This smartphone also powered by the same Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ processor and the same Adreno 640 GPU, both are overclocked and this was the first smartphone in the whole world that comes with these specs.
Differences between Asus ROG Phone 2 Vs OnePlus 7T
- The screen has a 120Hz refresh rate and 240Hz touch response in the Asus ROG Phone 2, whereas in OnePlus 7T it 90Hz refresh rate.
- The OnePlus 7T has a great screen but the Asus ROG Phone 2 takes to another level by its 120Hz refresh rate screen and this makes the smoothest Android smartphone to date according to user experience.
- The second thing is the speakers, the stereo speakers on the OnePlus 7T is above average or maybe good but the Asus ROG Phone 2 has two front-firing stereo speakers which are the best of the best in 2019 as the speaker output is very loud and the sound is crisp and clear at the highest volume.
- The third is battery between ROG Phone 2 Vs OnePlus 7T, as I have already told you that OnePlus 7T has 3800mAh battery which gives good on-screen time and battery performance due to OnePlus software optimization.
- But when a smartphone has a 6000mAh battery, I think there is nothing left to talk and tell as this phone gives you amazing battery life.
- The next one is a headphone jack between ROG Phone 2 Vs OnePlus 7T, the OnePlus 7T does not have a headphone jack whereas the Asus ROG Phone 2 has a headphone jack and the sound output from the headphone jack is also quite good.
- The next one is where OnePlus wins as the OnePlus 7T comes with the latest Android 10 with its beloved Oxygen OS 10 skin whereas the Asus ROG Phone 2 has the older Android 9 Pie on to with ZenUI skin which is almost stock Android.
- The next one is the charging port, the OnePlus 7T has only one Type-C port for charging and data syncing but the Asus ROG Phone 2 has not one but two Type-C connectors.
- One at the bottom and one the side of the phone which you can use to charge the phone while playing games.
It is very simple after all the talk that the Asus ROG Phone 2 is the clear cut winner in between ROG Phone 2 Vs OnePlus 7T many departments so, in my opinion, you should not buy the OnePlus 7T if you are looking for the overall package.
Are you satisfied with my opinion? Yes, or No, do let me know in the comment section.