We are going to compare Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Vs Realme X2, and see how it stands against its competitor.
As you guys already may know that Realme is planning to launch one more device this year in the end which is Realme X2, you can call it as Realme’s budget mid-level flagship from the company.
Here are the specifications of Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Vs Realme X2:-
Specifications of Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro comes with 6.53” 2340 x 1080 FULL HD+ IPS LCD screen with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and 395ppi. The screen can go up to max 500nits which is max brightness. The back and the front both are protected by 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
The screen also supports HDR but in many YouTube reviews I found that it cannot play HDR content, like from Netflix and Amazon Prime Videos.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro comes with quad camera setup, the main or the primary camera is 64MP f/1.9 Samsung Isocell Bright GW1 sensor, the secondary lens is 8MP f/2.2 ultrawide sensor, the third one is 2MP f/2.4 macro lens and the fourth is 2 MP f/2.4 depth sensor.
The front camera available in Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro is a 20MP f/2.0 sensor which also shoot portrait mode and also record videos at 1080p 30FPS, no 4k support.
This phone comes with 3 variants in terms of RAM & storage options, the base model is 6/64 then 6/128 and last one is 8/128.
Processor & GPU
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro is powered the powerful 12nm MediaTek Helio G90T, clocked at 2.05Ghz. The GPU which comes with this chip is Mali-G76 MC4, which had a max clock speed of 800MHz.
The device runs on Android 9 Pie, with Xiaomi’s own MIUI skin on top of it.
Battery & Charging
Redmi Note 8 Pro has a large 4500mAh battery and comes with fast charging support of 18W.
Specifications of Realme X2
Realme X2 has a slightly bigger 6.4“ 2340 x 1080 FULL HD+ Super AMOLED panel, with 403ppi and the aspect ratio is also 19.5:9. This phone is also protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on both at front and the back.
Realme X2 has also the same quad camera setup just like the Redmi Note 8 Pro with main camera as 64MP f/1.7 Samsung Isocell Bright GW1 sensor, the second camera is 8 MP f/2.3 ultrawide sensor, third one is 2 MP f/2.4 macro lens and the fourth and the last one is 2 MP f/2.4 depth sensor.
The Front Camera is a 32MP sensor, this can record videos up to again 1080p 30FPS max.
This device has 4 variants in this category, the base model is 6/64, 6/128, 8/128 and the last one is 8/256.
This device also runs on Android 9 Pie with ColorOS 6.0 on top of it.
Battery & Charging
It has also bigger battery with 4000mAh size and it comes with VOOC flash charge 4.0 charging technology.
Differences of Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Vs Realme XT
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Vs Realme X2 both the phones have dedicated SD Card slot for expandable storage.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Vs Realme X2, both the phone has same camera setup with flagship main sensor.
- They both have bigger batteries, Xiaomi has a little bigger one but the overall battery life is almost equal.
- Both the devices have stereo speakers.
- The Note 8 Pro has IPS LCD panel whereas the X2 has Super AMOLED.
- The Realme X2 has under display fingerprint scanner whereas the Note 8 Pro has physical scanner, the one on the Note 8 pro maybe slightly faster than the X2’s.
- The charging speed between Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Vs Realme X2 is very different because Realme X2 uses a 30W VOOC charging technology, whereas the Note 8 Pro has only 18W charging speed.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Vs Realme X2, the camera performance is slightly better in Note 8 Pro because of its software optimization.
- Realme X2 has Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G whereas the Redmi Note 8 Pro has MediaTek Helio G90T and the G90T is slightly better in GPU performance.
Well according to me between Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Vs Realme X2 both the devices are very close in comparison to each that I and you cannot decide which one to buy.
The main factor will be the price, when it will launch in India how much you have to pay for the X2, is it going to be aggressively priced? I don’t know but if it is then it will be great.
Overall both the devices are great and you cannot go wrong with either of them, it depends upon you, which one do you prefer.